Friday, January 25, 2008

What Calories?!

This weekend it's my friend from Boston's turn to visit NYC.

We planned to meet @ Saks 5th Avenue (more specifically Café Charbonnel) when I got off work. I'd NEVER been inside before and felt a little overwhelmed. As I was figuring out where the elevators and stairs were I made eye contact with John Woo as he passed by me. Whoa! I resisted the temptation to shout out - Face/Off is one of my fav movies!!!;)

I finally figured out where the elevators were and when I got to the 8th floor it was shoes as far as the eye could see - they have their own zipcode!

Uh...where's the chocolate? (Let's face it - the chocolate was going to be a lot more affordable than those shoes!) After weaving thru the shoes hoping I wouldn't knock anything over I finally found my friend and then we found chocolate.

The shop is a cute little place with a chocolate fountain and conveyor belt on the counter to move the treats to you or simply tempt as they pass. Both of us were curious about the Champagne Truffle but settled for hot chocolate instead.

From there we headed back to Astoria to drop off excess and stopped by The Brick Cafe for drinks and appetizers (our reservation was late so we needed something to tide ourselves over!)

Then it was back into the city to enjoy our 3 course meal @ Terrace in the Sky.

My friend had heard of the place because of its views of the city and since it was Restaurant Week it was a good time to try it since generally it is a bit pricey. Unfortunately we didn't get to sit right next to the window but even at a distance you got the idea. It would be nice to dine on their terrace when it is warmer out - perhaps the next Restaurant Week?!

No comments: