Friday, January 18, 2008

Watch out for the Pepsi Monster!!!!

Went to Grand Central over my lunch today to see if there were any recognizable celebs participating in the Saints & Spinners Benefit to help Dr. Mehmet Oz’s foundation, HealthCorps.

Before I could enter I saw people wandering in outfits that had the Pepsi Logo on it handing out stuff. I asked what was going on and they said that the "Pepsi Monster" (see yellowed off area in pic) had been there and left prizes. On this day they were handing out little flashlights and codes for free MP3s.

Once I got inside, I didn't see any celebs (although supposedly Miss Universe and Miss Teen USA were around somewhere) but I did see the guys trying to spin towards breaking a Guinness World Record. I also saw more free stuff! Jet Blue gave away blue potato chips and Snapple has a new anti-oxidant drink that they had samples of. They also had a spin-n-win wheel. I won a free bottle of the new beverage!

My lunch ended at Barnes & Noble - much like Starbucks, it is dangerously close to my work. I recently became a B&N Member because even though you have to pay for it, for as much as I probably spend there I will probably earn it back and then some! Anyway, I got a bonus coupon and decided to use it on a Knitting & Crocheting book for Dummies WITH ILLUSTRATIONS - couldn't remotely figure it out without them! So when I can't have a laptop to work on - I can work on something funky fresh & cool made of yarn! ;) At least that's the plan in theory...

I also have another recipe to share. Had intended to make something different when I picked up Imperial Margarine and found a recipe on the box that I decided I'd rather make instead! ;)

S'more Cookie Bars - can be found on HomeBasics.com. Just do a search for Butterscotch Chips! :)

No comments: