Monday, January 7, 2008

Newest Digs

I am really enjoying my new place. It had been totally redone when my new roommate and the one I'm replacing moved in a year ago. Nice wood floors (you can smell the wood every time you enter the apt.) and redone kitchen & bathroom.

The best part is that for a few weeks I get the place to myself! Nothing against my roommates past and present but having lived by myself for a few years it is nice to have a bit of alone time again as I transition and get settled.

Thankfully, for a mere $100 I inherited a full size bed, a chest of drawers and several shelving units to help me settle into my new place. Of course, there was still a trip to Target needed as well as a few to The Container Store but I think that for the most part I'm feeling like the place is mine and more importantly...liveable!;)

The new digs are closer to the park - but farther from my gym. :( And it also is on the other side of Ditmars from where I lived prior so I'm seeing parts of Astoria that I hadn't seen before.

A church is nearby so I can hear the chimes on occasion and we are right under the Hell Gate Bridge so I can hear the Amtrak, too. Fortunately, I only hear the Amtrak and it doesn't shake the place around!

No comments: