Saturday, January 26, 2008

Spring in a Dome


Winter hasn't been all that horrible in NYC this year but it has been just chilly enough that a person still yearns for spring.

Thankfully, Zyrtec created "spring" inside a dome in Central Park (my first visit to Central Park since I moved here!) - although the grass and flowers were artificial it was kind of nice to roam around without a coat for a bit! ;) And they even greeted you @ the door w/ hot chocolate to help you warm up faster!

**Note:The statue is of Mother Goose**

The dome was more geared towards families w/ a storytime area (free kid books), merry-go-round and a clown juggler/comedian performing.

They also had an allergy quiz that you could fill out (the answers were posted @ each station) and then when you turned it in you got a free green Zyrtec Umbrella! (Am finding that even if it has a brand name on it, an extra umbrella is always good to have here!)

Last but not least, my friend and I took turns posing with a giant dandelion but all too soon it was time to head out into the cold again. :(

We had just enough time to walk over to Cafe Lalo (thanks to another visiting friend I heard about this place - they filmed scenes from "You've Got Mail" there) If I go there again, I think I will just go for coffee or dessert as seating is cramped and thus tables are tiny making it hard to fit entree sized plates, glasses, mugs, etc on the table comfortably. It is certainly very quaint and if you do go - BRING CASH! Didn't even think about that until our bill came and my friend stepped out to the cash machine so we'd have an adequate tip for our waitress!

Time looked to be tight to get to the theatre on time but thankfully we made it! My friend saw the show (my supervisor and her friends and the mailman for my work's building also came) and afterwards we hopped on the subway again to see a few more places and grab supper @ Lillys.

I'd been battling a cold and it was winning (our closet-like dressing room seemed to be breeding the germs as more than one actor was struggling with various forms of yuck). Thankfully my friend was okay with calling it a night early. We watched some eps from my roomie's boxset of Flight of the Conchords - goofy fun. Some of the eps appeared to be shot in Queens, too.

Time for sleep...and some airborne...and some meds....snore....

No comments: