Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wicked

Thanks to a friend of mine I was able to get a ticket (at a discount even!) to see Wicked tonight.

Having stood in lottery lines for friends when they visited to try and get a ticket I knew if I even kinda/sorta wanted to see it now was the time - so I joined the group as we watched what happened in the Land of Oz pre-Dorothy...and post.

I sat between 1 guy that had read the book and 1 guy that was just a fan of the "Wizard of Oz" movie so it was interesting to hear what they liked and what they didn't. The "book reader" said that the musical took out a lot of the underlying politics in the book but other than that he was pleased.

Myself? Having not read the book I liked seeing how all the connections were made and I did not see the "twist" ending coming! It is understandable how this show has become a favorite as it is a good one for fams w/ tweens to see (not entirely a kiddie show - but really, neither was The Wizard of Oz!) Had I been a tourist, I probably would have bought one of their clever shirts but since I'm not, I thought I'd leave the shirt buying to others. ;)

Now to home and packing! I've got an EARLY flight tomorrow to NE!

No comments: