Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back in O

Thanks to my procrastination in packing I didn't get to bed until 1am. Then I had to turn around and get up at 3:30am or so to get ready and out the door for car service to the airport and my EARLY morning flight! (Leaving early always pays off once you arrive @ the destination but there is a moment of "why so early?!" when first starting out! ;) )

While I was waiting on the 2nd half of my flight in MN (and chugging a mocha steamer from Dunn Bros.) I complimented an older lady on her turquoise necklace. She flashed the turquoise jewelry that also covered her fingers and wrist and said - "My son owns a pawn shop and he's generous." Later she told me that the necklace actually came from QVC or HSN if I wanted one for myself - she couldn't quite remember which but admitted she spends a lot of time sitting in front of both!

Landed in Omaha to a mix of rain/sleet/snow - ahhh, Nebraska!

A friend picked me up, I dropped off my luggage w/ another friend who works downtown and then treated my driver friend to lunch @ Upstream! :) Mmmmmmmmmm.....dill havarti mashed potatoes!

Then I was dropped off @ 13th Street Coffee to meet another friend. And later Delice to meet another lovely friend and then...it was time for dinner w/ my bro @ Famous Daves! Ugh. I enjoy all those places but not so much when I don't get time to digest in between! ;)

My bro and I headed out to meet a friend @ the MAC in CB to see the FOO FIGHTERS IN CONCERT!!! Yes, I was seeing them in concert again while I could! :)

My friend managed to get inside w/ a camera and took some great pics! And I have to say the audience in CB seemed to be a lot more into the concert than @ MSG. The Foos seemed like they were enjoying themselves a bit more too (maybe the fact that they were being taped @ MSG had something to do w/ that though) - Dave seemed to talk a lot more in CB, and they didn't play less either!

But I'm getting ahead of myself - actually made it there in time for part of the opening act show of Against Me! and my bro got to enjoy Serj - it was nice to have friends there to comment on his antics w/! ;) At times his little dances w/ the combination of the top hat he wore reminded me of Michigan J Frog.

When the Foos hit the stage, Dave apologized that they hadn't been there for 10 years - it was actually 5, but still he knew it had been entirely too long...maybe it felt like 10 years!;) The concert was sold out!

Other moments of note -

Dave dedicating "Big Me" to his "love" - Taylor.

Dave telling the audience to call in sick tomorrow "cause Dave said so."

Dave giving crap to a random audience member that was flipping him off (why would you pay money for concert tickets to flip the band off?!) Needless to say, Dave was using a lot of innuendo dealing w/ calling the audience member - cocksucker - and then apologized to young ears in the audience. Oops.

Afterwards I headed back to O w/ my friend and we stayed up late(r) catching up and checking out the concert pics.

I just realized I've been up since 3:30am and it's pushing 1am the next day! Whoa...sleep would probably be good. Gotta get up @ 6:30am....later this morning. ;)

No comments: