Monday, February 18, 2008

Posing @ St. Pats

I had President's Day off @ work and apparently so did the rest of the cast of the one-act I'm in rehearsals with as our director scheduled a photo day so we'd have pics for the Phare Play website.

Since the one-act takes place in a church what better place to take pics than St. Pats?! We blended in fairly well w/ the other picture taking tourists - although some would inadvertently get in on our pics causing a do-over.

It reached into the 60s today and after raining, raining it got really humid. I'm not sure, but I'm beginning to think the weather here might just be even more unpredictable than Nebraska's!

Got an email that I had been called back for an audition I went on yesterday. The show is in Staten Island - another one-act show, but they did mention a stipend! All the plays take place on the S.I. Ferry and it is a 24 hr type festival in the fact that the director and cast don't get their scripts until a day or so before the 1st performance. So part of the callback is to memorize a monologue - for tomorrow.

The snag? (besides the whole memorize bit) I am going to the Foos concert tomorrow night @ Madison Square Garden and since it takes about an hour to get to S.I. and back I'll need to take off early and hope that my timing is excellent on all transfers, etc. The person in charge of the theatre told me that they would get me in right away and to let the person @ the sign-in know. So hopefully I can get in & out and get to the concert in time - the Foos FIRST show @ MSG!!! I can't believe they've never been there before and Fuse is broadcasting it live for those that can't be there in person - but since I don't have cable, I have to be there! ;)

I also have to be off book by Friday...hmmmm...here's hopin'!

No comments: