Thursday, February 14, 2008

Surprise Tulips

All the little shops and vendors wouldn't let you forget it's that "Hallmark Holiday" even if you wanted to!

Roses are displayed in massive quantities and spill out the door onto the sidewalk.

One vendor hollered about his 2 for 1 Teddy Bears - Isn't that risky to get those - what if who you got them for recognized them as the 2 for 1s, too? Eh...

A few hours into the workday we got a couple deliveries from 1-800 Flowers and 1 was addressed to me. What?! Oh, I thought, this is probably for the office or something weird since I'm the receptionist.

I open it up and it's tulips...from my brother! How sweet is that?! Totally unexpected and a surprise that it would come from my brother. The note inside said that I deserved flowers today and he also congratulated me on my past accomplishments and my future ones in NYC. I almost cried. Although my bro can be nice, it's not a typically expected gesture (we have our moments)...and because of that, it was very nice and unexpected!

No comments: