Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Toasty

The snow turned to rain this morning and caused the snow that hadn't been cleared from the sidewalks to turn into huge pools of slush. Needless to say, my feet were absolutely soaked by the time I got to the subway.

By lunchtime, you couldn't tell it had snowed yesterday and I decided to make the trek to Herald Square over my lunch - hey, my feet were already wet - right?!

Thanks to The Metro I found out that Dunkin Donuts was having a promotion - i.e. free food samples and coffee - in Herald Square (in their "Toasty Tent") to promote their new "toasty" menu items.

Once again I was amused by how in NYC, 1 per person does not apply when it comes to samples (except for Godiva Chocolate samples). Instead, it is as many as a person can hold and it's not even like they are sneaky about it. One gal stood there while the worker held the plate and announced she was going to take "a few".

The toasty samples were tasty but since I obeyed the 1 per person rule - it wasn't much of a lunch. ;)

Tonight I rode and rode and rode to a spot in Brooklyn to audition for a show @ a community theatre there. It was kind of refreshing to mingle w/ people that I would have seen @ a BLT audition. They were there because they enjoyed it - sometimes I think the actors around here are so into the "pursuit" that they forget the fun. It's understandable, but it's sad, too - cause then what is the point? Oh...well, maybe for some it's not about fun but eventually making lotsa money! ;)

No monologues for this audi. We just had to read sides - in front of everybody! Hadn't done that in a while as lately it's just been me in a room w/ whoever is casting.

Anyway, I got done and the director said it was "very good" and that it was up to him now to decide. Yep. He "interviewed" me prior to my read and asked where I lived and how far of a ride it was - I didn't know as I had come straight from work. But I think the distance bit may have done me in. It is a trip but I was willing to do it as it was going to be a full length play and well - I'm kind of itchy to do one of those! Will see....

No comments: