Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More Auditions and Actual Snow!

Last night my callback went okay. Got to read w/ some fun guys. Young guys. Newer to NY than I am and asking if I had just graduated college, too. Er.... Also, ran into an actor that I did the Reality Aside Halloween Show w/. He said this was the first audition he'd been on since then...

Not sure when/if I'll hear back on that one but tonight I went to another audition for a short film @ the NY Film Academy. The director wanted me to come in so he could see if I was old enough.
I got there and realized that although he told me what floor - he hadn't told me which room so after a bit of running around I finally found where I needed to be and discovered I would be reading w/ a an actress I met during the Queens Players show I did. We had a scene to read from Garden State and they had us switch reading for Zach Braff's and Natalie Portman's characters - but not just a straight read. For example - they'd tell one of us to read it as thou our dog has just died and we know the other person did it. The other person then had to read it as thou they were coming on to the person w/ the dead dog. It was very interesting to see how the same scene could be played so differently! Not sure how well I did but it was fun and a challenge!
And during all of this it finally started to snow, for real, in NYC! We've had teasings but nothing that stuck - this was definitely sticking and also gave us wind chills of 7 below. Um...I think I'm ready for Spring now! ;)

No comments: