Friday, August 31, 2007

Birthdays Galore!

My mom told me that stats show August to be the most popular month for births. I know 3 people who have birthdays today. One of them is my Dad. He already qualifies for some senior discounts and is just a few years from the official declaration of senior. Doesn't seem possible. My grandparents are seniors. How can my parents be? I mean, I know I'm not getting older so how can they?! Tee-hee.

Since I was working @ Husker HQ and both 'rents work downtown it worked out well to meet up for a birthday lunch @ Noodles & Co. And since it was my dad's birthday...we stopped at The Cookie Company afterwards. (Gotta get my fix while I can!)

After work it was back to Omaha to help a friend celebrate her 21st birthday! She decided that she wanted her first drink to be The Millionaire Martini served @ Upstream. So family and friends gathered there to help her celebrate and she and her mom had The Millionaire Martini. Unfortunately my time was limited (sensing a trend?) since filming was scheduled so I quickly enjoyed my meal (which included mashed potatoes with dill havarti cheese melted on top - try it, you'll like it!) and skedaddled.

Somewhere between stops I had realized I left my script at South the night before. And as luck would have it, tonight they were filming my monologue. Oy.

I retrieved my script and reviewed/crammed as I got ready. Oh geez. I know I can do this - I just don't feel ready to...

My fake husband stood outside the set with script in hand in case I needed help. True, film is a little more forgiving when it comes to dropping a line but time is spent just the same.

Heeere we go! Several different shots were taken and by the end of the night the director asked me how I felt about it. I asked him if he felt like he got what he wanted. He said - Yes. Adding that it looked good. I said, That's all that matters.

On Tuesday we start filming in The Catacombs.

No comments: