Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Amerigo the Brave Begins

Today's the first day of filming and I'm continuing to play with lines and my accent. Geez, I hope I don't make a fool of myself! I haven't really had a chance to use my accent on anyone so will hope for the best.

The friends I met today - bless their hearts - had to listen to my worries about the pending filming. What if I drop the ball after all the work they've put in and negotiating of schedule to get me back in NE? One friend told me I was thinking too much. Guilty.

That said friend (check out his website) was the first one I met today for lunch. He used to work with me @ AP and now works @ ConAgra. We ate at Nicola's and caught up. As usual time flew and I took him back to work and headed for the Oakview Barnes & Noble to meet another friend for coffee.

My friend is another person I met while being a dresser backstage @ the Orpheum. The last show we worked on together was Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The pic is of her posing with "Joseph" aka Patrick Cassidy. She is also my Pampered Chef hookup as she had a party a while back and I've been using her rep ever since. So many great gadgets to use - but will I in fact ever use them?! Hmmmm...the constant debate before purchase. ;)

Next stop - Sgt. Pfeffer's to meet another friend for her birthday! Behind us in line stood a local playwright and his family. He asked why I wasn't in NY. I assured him I was only back temporarily.

On my way to meet my friend for supper I got a call that the gal that volunteered to do my hair wasn't able to come to South but I could stop by her work. Since I had plans that was a no go, so after supper my friend and I headed to Walgreen's to get whatever hair supplies I was lacking. Here's hoping something works!

Arrived at South and headed to the dressing room to get ready. I hoped they remembered a slip for me as I realized the striped bra I was wearing was probably going to be seen thru the thin material of the dress. Keeping my fingers crossed I discovered....there was no slip. Eeeek! Well...what to do? After troubleshooting with my fake husband for a bit it finally occurred to me that I had a back up in my car as I was staying over with a friend that night. Whew!

Now the hair...I was given a drawing of what the gal had in mind for my 40s do. It seemed simple enough for a non-hair savvy person like myself but ultimately I asked approval for a low slung ponytail. Too much messin' and we had to get filming!

We ran thru the scene a few times before filming and my accent got approved thankfully!

Once filming started it was a bit of trial and error as they figured out how the lights were hitting us and what shots they wanted for the scene. (The couch was basically my homebase for most of the shoot. And you can see the boom mike that was used leaning against the open trunk.) We fell a bit behind and with the alarm preset at South we had to get out of there before we were trapped in there. So no late nights to catch up. Hopefully we will catch up...we have to.

I was thankful that I didn't have to drive all the way back to Lincoln as I headed to my friend's apartment. We stayed up late catching up - didn't have much of a chance to talk when I saw her at "Anything Goes" rehearsals. But she needed to get up for work the next day so we forced ourselves to quit chattering on and get ready for bed! ;)

No comments: