Monday, June 18, 2007

Thank You, Duane Reade!



I went to a job interview this morning at the French Building. (Click on the link, my pic of the building doesn't do it as much justice as the pics there do. Also, click on the pic with words on it so it enlarges and you can read it - this was in the lobby of the building, the bronze rectangle is actually a touch screen that worked as a directory for the building.)

There are so many amazing buildings in New York. Had I grown up here I probably wouldn't think too much about it (much like the buildings I didn't feel like taken pics of in downtown O, because well, I saw them regularly enough - why take a pic, right?) but since I didn't, it is yet another "something new" to explore.

When I left the job interview - the time was ticking on a new med dose, so I bopped into Starbucks for a soy green tea latte and then stopped in the Duane Reade for no real reason other than to make a quick phone call to my mom with minimal noise in the background.

And then...as I wandered the aisles I saw them! FLAMIN' HOT CHEETOS! Not the baked variety, not a full sized bag but a 99cent bag of what had alluded me for close to a week was now just a purchase away! My mom played unfortunate witness to my joy (I actually lost track of what I'd been saying to her upon this wonderful discovery!) Sometimes, it truly is the small things in life. Woo-Hoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better! Should your buddy Duane ever run out, cant you just order them online?

Nora said...

Maybe...I guess I hadn't gotten that far in my quest! ;)

Don Nguyen said...

Hope the interview went well and glad to hear you're feeling better hopefully.

By the way, it's Duane Reade, not Reader :)

Don Nguyen said...

Also glad to see you found your flamin hot cheetos!

Nora said...

Thanks for the correction, I will blame the error on my sinus meds...:)And now correct it in my blog...