Friday, June 8, 2007

One week!

I've officially made it one week in NYC!

Decided to catch a "cheap" flick @ AMC - in NYC, movies before noon on Fri, Sat and Sun are $6 not $4. :( But still better than $11!

I saw "Oceans 13" at the Lincoln Square across from Lincoln Center. Instead of theater numbers, each theater had a name. The one I sat in was called the "Valencia".

Oceans 13 was disappointing. Fun to see the gang together again but after they said to forget Oceans 12, that they had learned from their mistakes...it didn't appear that they had. I'd still rent it over Oceans 12 but Oceans 11 is still the one to beat. I LOVE that final scene where they are all standing watching the Bellagio Fountain to that wonderful score and one by one they walk away.

Going back to Oceans 13 - I'll add that they do explain the absence of Julia Roberts and Katherine Zeta Jones - kind of abstractly but they do. And also - I was surprised by an appearance by Bob Einstein aka Super Dave Osborne. He is part of a reveal that would make me want to watch the movie again. So if you do see it - pay attention to Matt Damon's phone calls. That's all I will say...

No comments: