Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"switch of heart" - day 1 filming


Today I got my "Carrie Bradshaw" on and headed out to film a short for an NYC student.

The concept - A woman sits in a coffee shop and observes the different hearts guys have - one filled with his love of music with no love for anyone else, one who is an actor and loves guys, one who's heart jumps every time his phone rings because he's a businessman, etc. Then there is a guy who's heart is just switched off - causing the woman to ask why? And what will make it turn on again?

Part of the concept is to show the various guys with hearts painted on their chests. Of course passersby had various reactions to this. I was sitting in the coffee shop guarding various bags and whatnot while that portion was filmed outside but I saw one woman walk past and mouth - I don't want to know - shaking her head, another lady saw one of the crew members drop something and was kind enough to stop and help pick it up, even pointing out one piece she couldn't get to. Later I heard that a passerby hollered - Is this art? repeatedly to the guy with his shirt off.

Unfortunately we didn't get all the filming done today because of rain (it rained so hard that it started to leak in the window and onto the bags I was guarding) and not having all the heart guys show up. So it will continue another day - which means, more pics will be posted later! :)


My view of them filming in the rain (the crew is in yellow, light blue and black - the person they are filming is in white) -















Ruth painting a heart on Sebastian -


Still photos of me being used in the film -