Monday, June 4, 2007

My Digs

Well, for the most part I'm unpacked now - since I'm only in this dwelling thru August it doesn't make too much sense to unpack it all unless I absolutely need it (i.e. - leave the winter clothes in the suitcase.) Not a lot of shelves so there's lots of stacks, but once again - doesn't make sense to go out and buy something for a few months... The main thing of course is that I do have a place. Let me take you on the virtual tour.

Here's the entryway. We live on the 2nd floor (so imagine my stuff being hauled up those stairs! ;))
Once you enter, this is what you see...odd that the walls look white, they are actually light green - seafoam-ish.If you continue to wak straight in you will find my two roommates' rooms.

Then on to the bathroom.

Turning back around down the hallway,the kitchen is on the left.
Then the living room. See the curtains? That' s my door! :)

So of course, walking thru the curtains you will see my room. It has 3 windows overlooking the street, 9 outlets (according to the guy I'm subletting the place from - oddly enough the bathroom has 0 outlets and I think the kitchen has 1.) and a wooden floor that is laced with nails poking up out of it. (Something that did concern me a bit when my bro used an air mattress during his stay - but it remained puncture free!) But if random nail snags are my biggest concern I'd say that' s pretty good considering the horror stories I've heard about NY apartments. However, I share the details with you so you can get a somewhat accurate pic in your head! :)
Got to talk more with both my roommates last night and discovered that one of my roommates is from Grand Island and knows a former co-worker of mine. The other roommate just got done with the "Hairspray" tour and had toured thru Omaha. He also mentioned that he had done the Christmas Carol Caravan thru the Omaha Playhouse for a couple seasons in early 2000.

It POURED here last night and into most of the day so I stayed inside for most of it. Once it tapered off I made my first visit to the local grocery chain - Key Food - and am know an official savings club member! ;) Bought a membership to the Museum of the Moving Image and am psyched because they are going to host a screening of Rescue Dawn and Steven Zahn is going to be there!!! Can't wait! Also subscribed to Backstage Magazine - This mag has been recommended to me be several people for a good place to look for auditions and info. Got a few other odds and ends done too - it seems like I get one thing checked off and several more have appeared in the meantime.

No job yet but a temp agency has me doing a phone interview tomorrow and another temp agency wants me to come next Monday so they can interview me.

Okay, I think it is starting to sink in...I'M LIVING IN NEW YORK! Whoa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. It's sinking in. You're in New York.

Promise me one thing, though. Whatever you do, please please DO NOT become a Yankee fan. Ever.

If you must choose a New York baseball team to pledge allegiance to, make it the Mets.

(Yeah, I know this probably about the last thing on your mind right now...)

Seriously, good luck with everything!

From a Detroit Tigers fan in Nebraska.