Tuesday, June 5, 2007

An autograph and a business card

Today I journeyed into the city to pick up an autographed playbill from Joel Vig. After the "Bountiful" show on Wednesday I had intended to get Edward Albee to sign an old playbill I had from 1963 of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" (Thanks to my dad, I have a small collection of old playbills that he bought at an auction. I go thru them from time to time to see if I can get autographs on them or give them to people who have been in the show the playbill is of, etc.)

At any rate, Joel lent me his sharpie to get Edward to sign it but Mr. Albee did not stick around after the performance. So I returned the sharpie to Joel and knowing that I was moving the next day he offered to get it autographed and bring it to NYC since that's where he lives too! Cool!

So yesterday I called and he said it would be there today.

Thanks to www.hopstop.com I had a much easier time finding the place than I would have using a map - I highly recommend that site!

When I got there I had expected to just pick the playbill up at the front desk, but instead I got to see Joel. Have I mentioned what a nice man he is? He gave me a hug, asked how I was getting settled and told me to keep in touch (he wanted to know if I have a local phone # yet - I suppose I'd better get crackin' on that...) adding that in addition to the playbill there was a thank you note from him and a program from the Bountiful performance.

Admittedly, if it wasn't for the fact that I KNEW who signed the playbill, I'm not sure I could tell just by looking at it. (The autograph is under "Playbill" on the yellow.) But it is still cool anyway - especially because Joel was nice enough to take care of it and bring it back for me.

And on a completely different note - I had my first encounter with an NYC guy who tried to hit on me. I was sitting in the bank and all of a sudden this guy asked me where I got my hat (I was wearing the same hat that's in this pic. Note - Pic not taken in NYC, merely used as an example for the hat.) He said he liked retro hats and that he shopped at Arnolds - a retro thrift shop. I told him I'd have to look that up. Then he gave me his card (he was a fitness trainer) - saying that my eyes are beautiful and said I could call him if I wanted to know the address to Arnold's. Okay.... It was my turn to be helped. While I was being helped he left and told me to call him for lunch or something. I did a search for Arnold's and couldn't find it...hmmmm...

And because I can - I wandered thru Times Square today and stopped in @ Godiva Chocolates. I indulged in a Dark Chocolate Decadence Chocolixir Chiller. I must say - it may just outrank a Java Chip Frappuccino! :)

No comments: