Thursday, December 6, 2007

Spectacular, Spectacular!

So begins the start to my b-day weekend!!! Hooray! :)

A friend from NE flew in and I got off work a bit early to meet up with her and 2 local friends @ Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas Spectacular.

The place was absolutely packed and every landing had souvenirs galore as well as lots of food and beverage - which was allowed to come into the theatre (all of us found that a bit surprising). Besides our program we all got a set of 3D glasses and a little light up wand that noted the 75th Anniversary on it.

"Spectacular" is certainly a fitting word to describe this show. I don't know that I would make a tradition to go every year but it is certainly worth seeing at least once! Note to first timers - If you hear "12 days of Xmas" and the Rockettes are dancing kinda weird...that's because they are acting out all the verses! It took us just a bit to catch on to that - felt rather "Durr" when I realized how long it took me to figure it out, but felt better when I knew I wasn't the only one! ;)

After posing for pic ops and weaving our way thru the crush of people we decided to check out the lit Rockefeller Tree and the Saks Snowflakes down the lane. (If you face the tree the snowflakes are behind you and vice versa.) Then we moseyed to the much ballyhooed Snowflake - which is just that, a ginormous lit up snowflake. Our party of 4 became 3 and we were hungry!

My visiting friend suggested Ellen's Stardust Diner - a diner where the waitstaff sings as they serve!

After eating our tasty diner food it was time for me to show my friends the Charmin Building! Although they arched their brows and were skeptical about this place I spoke of...once they were there they were glad I took them! :) (Since my last visit - Molly Shannon had been there and signed the door of the stall she used which was now deemed a VIP stall! ;))

No comments: