Friday, May 30, 2008

Tussle

On the eve of my one year anniversary in NYC, I am reminded that I shouldn't get too comfy...

This is the story of how I got into a "tussle" with a guy taller and wider than I am @ my subway stop.

Before I swiped my card I saw he was coming down the stairs but knew I had plenty of time to swipe and go thru, plus there were other open exits. So I look down to swipe my card and there he was. I was going in and he was trying to force his way out. I told him I needed to get thru because I had swiped and then he insisted HE needed to go thru and then there was the power play which I wasn't gonna win and I said "God Damn You" and he finally shoved thru and said "Fuck You" to which I dittoed him and then he laughed his Jabba The Hutt laugh because he is such a man that he pushed past a woman smaller than him and left her tangled in the spinner.

I detangled and I had to get the booth person to let me thru the door since I'd wasted my swipe. AFTER all that the MTA person who apparently witnessed it all asked if I was alright. I told him I was just pissed off and thought - thanks for having my back! Sheesh.

And guess what?! I had been talking to my mom on the phone and completely forgot she was on the line until afterwards so she heard it all! She totally disapproves of the "f-word" used but later commented in an email that my bro can just get behind me when he visits the Big Apple because I know how to take care of myself - I'm my grandpa's granddaughter. ;) And boy was my adrenaline running!

After I got in the city the Cosmos must have wanted to balance my day as the Starbucks worker made a Grande instead of Tall for me (but I did pay for the Tall) and a stranger sharing the elevator w/ me @ work said - Have a good day Dear - have a good weekend! So simple, but it made me feel better! :)

What a city! ;)

No comments: