Monday, May 26, 2008

Before I go...

Today, "leisure" was the key word. Although incredibly sore, my friend was somewhat glad to have someone there to get her up and moving as laying in bed for the day sounded like a pretty good idea.! ;)

We headed out for brunch at a place my friend highly recommended only to discover that they apparently had a management change as it took 10 minutes to get water once we were sat (that even took awhile) and 30 minutes to get our food in which part of it was cold and some parts were missing completely. A family sitting near us had to hunt down their own flatware and another group that was waiting and waiting just to get their beverages finally left. (I think it would have been different had the wait staff actually been acknowledging those that were waiting but they were just ignoring.) It wasn't until my friend got up and complained to the manager that they finally decided to help - by then though we decided leaving was better and had breakfast at A.B.P. instead.

The Boston Museum of Fine Arts had free admission so we explored that before I had to head back to NYC. Parts were closed but I still saw plenty. The Egyptian display is fascinating as are the extra tidbits they post w/ the painting info. Isabella and the Pot of Basil and Watson and the Shark really struck me. I found it interesting that a painting of the Battle of Bunkerhill was not started until years after the painter had witnessed it - so it was very much open to artistic interpretation... The "giant baby head" statues in front of the museum (you can see one on the right hand side of the pic) were modeled after the artist's grandchildren. Nice thought but still kind of weird...

No comments: