Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bird's Eye View

My friend from Boston emailed me to let me know her Dad was going to be in NYC for business and wondered if I'd be interested in joining them both for dinner @ the Marriott Marquis. Well, of course I was!

So after they spent the day touring in the city, I met up w/ them @ the restaurant. The bummer was that it was a bit overcast so the view wasn't as good as it could be but it was still awesome to be up there!

My friend has been in fine dining for a while and knows all the ins and outs of good service. She wasn't impressed w/ our waiter as among other things he told us what was unavailable AFTER we tried to order it. But we all concluded that service probably doesn't matter all that much as they know the tourists and the like will still keep coming for the novelty of it all. The way the food was presented on the plate though was a visual delight - and pretty tasty, too! ;)

When we were finished w/ our meal and had rotated once around and then some we went upstairs to The View Lounge where their cocktail napkins actually serve as reference to know what you are looking @ as you rotate past the city skyline! (Wished they had those downstairs, too....)

I was very thankful to my friend's father for the experience. And I realize that although it may be easy to get a in a rut there really is no reason to run out of new things to do in this city (even things that aren't quite as pricey as the The View Restaurant and Lounge...;))

No comments: