Sunday, May 18, 2008

Keep on Keepin' On

Went to a couple auditions that were for more one-act shows today. One was w/ Phare Play and another w/ a group I hadn't worked w/ yet.

First stop, Phare Play - where everyone knows my name. Kinda nice to go in knowing what to expect for an audition. And w/ a snap it was over and I was on my way to another audition and ended up being there VERY early. So I killed time wandering around the 4th & Washington Square area. Lots of great little places to have a meal and then dessert (Red Mango & Pinkberry are across the street from each other!) - I need to remember to get down there more often.

Finally enough time had passed and I was able to get into the building next to Cafe Wha? to audition - I thought to myself, the last time I was here I was auditioning for the Staten Island Ferry Plays and who do I see but the same casting director that had helped w/ that and she remembered me.

Unfortunately I don't think the audition went well as those that weren't the casting director didn't give me an additional side to read and I could tell the casting director was trying to encourage them to as she said - Is that it?! Well, I know Nora, she does good work (or something along those lines...which made me giggle as she's only seen me in auditions - we have yet to work together).

By late afternoon, I received a call w/ an offer to be in a one-act for the Phare Play show. I will play a woman who has been struggling to get pregnant and has a bit of an issue w/ the fact that her lesbian sister-in-law and her partner are expecting. It's a comedy... ;)

The show opens in June!

No comments: