Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Out w/ the Old, In w/ the New


So my old roommate (in pic) is moving out and my new one should be moving in soon. When I moved in I was never really sure what was truly my roommate's items and what was left by the roommate I moved in to replace.

I soon discovered that most of the kitchen supplies would not be staying and lamented about the debate to restock or hope the new roommate has somethings, etc to a couple of my co-workers. Since I have brought baked goods in, they took the fact that I didn't have a lot of cooking supplies to heart and actually got people to pitch in money at the office so they could go to Jack' s World and get me some pots,pans and the like. When they presented it to me they said that there was no pressure to continue bringing goodies to work, none @ all - wink. I couldn't believe it - it was very nice.

Then when I came back from lunch I had a box waiting for me. My mom had sent me a package and inside was 4 dozen Eileen's cookies!!! A card inside explained that it was for May Day and to share w/my co-workers. Even though it arrived a day ahead of May Day I went ahead and sent out an email explaining the source of the cookies that would be available in the kitchen and was totally shocked by how many people didn't know or hadn't heard of May Day! So the midwest girl further educates the easterners on things they should really have known already! ;)

And I FINALLY made it my first movie preview in NYC and actually managed to get in!
A big Iron Man preview event was happening @ the same theatre but I was there to see Son of Rambow. Much like Millions, it is a sweet family film and another take on "you can't judge a book by its cover".

No comments: