Sunday, July 15, 2007

More places to meet and eat



More friends from NE are visiting the Big Apple and I met up with them at The Molly Wee Pub. I came in on the tailend of them being there so didn't sit down for a drink and what not but I do give the place two thumbs up simple based on the fact that although it was small (wee) it still had 2 women's bathrooms to the 1 men's bathroom. Woot!

We had eats at the Bar Pitti. It's okay. But for the expense and long wait just to sit - I expected it to be better.

Towards the end of our meal it began to rain. Since there were 5 in the group and only 1 umbrella, we darted into one of those "pretty dessert" shops (Bruno's Bakery) that also served gelato.

I opted for a pretty dessert (will have to go back for the gelato as those that had it gave it raves). My dessert was yummy but discovered a few nights earlier that you can get larger portions (but maybe less artful) desserts at Neptune's Diner for about the same price. So if dessert presentation is your thing - go to Bruno's. If you are just about the dessert - go to Neptune's! :)

No comments: