Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Fine

Not sure if you have been keeping tabs on the NY news or not but since I did get a couple calls of concern I thought I would let any blog readers know that I was safely at home watching the steam pipe explosion on the news when it happened yesterday. The location was a few blocks from where I work, but fortunately for me the Grand Central stop that is now temporarily closed is not part of my daily subway commute.

Some co-workers were still at work or leaving when it happened. They witnessed lots of panicked people in the street. One said that he survived 9/11 and he wasn't too panicked as he didn't see a lot of cops around. He just wanted to get on the subway and get home while they were still running.

Read about my friend's first hand account here.

No comments: