Friday, August 22, 2008

Tennis, Anyone?

My decision to get off the subway early and walk further to work in the mornings has proved to make most mornings more interesting as my route takes me past the CBS Early Show.

A few week ago I picked up a foam shark hat (see the 2nd foam layer on the bill? That had a jagged teeth area that was supposed to pop out but I couldn't figure out how it was supposed to be worn exactly) that they were handing out for people to wear on-camera for Shark Week (umm...I just took the hat and kept walking...I did have to get to work afterall!;)) and this morning I saw they have a tennis court set up w/ a larger than average crowd gathered. Upon further inspection I see that Venus & Serena Williams are standing there waiting for their segment. Since I always have my camera in tow I stepped into the crowd and snapped a pic before continuing on. I later showed it to some friends and they seemed more fascinated by the size of the guy in the black/red shirt - who I didn't even notice being in the picture until they pointed out! Oh well.

When I got to work, I turned on CNBC and Warren Buffet was being interviewed live from the Holland Center in Omaha! They've been in Omaha before for Warren and I actually look forward to seeing them show Omaha (it's a way to virtual visit) more than what Warren has to say! ;)

No comments: