Thursday, August 7, 2008

Behind, but moving forward....

Hello! Are you still checking? Or have you given up?!

Due to my own insistence that I must post blogs in chronological order I've caused myself to come to a standstill as some blogs that may be a tad more wordy than others and thus take more thought and time to write have been holding back those quick quips & experiences I've been having since MAY! And here it is AUGUST! Sigh.

So, the posts will come eventually (Celeb Sitings! Theatre Updates! NYC Randomness! Visitors! Traveling! And More!) but in the meantime I wanted to have something appear that is current as I am still alive and acting and living and basically functioning well enough in NYC. ;)

This Saturday I'm performing @ The Strawberry One Act Festival Awards Show. The one act I'm in made it to the top 4, but we won't know until Saturday where in the top 4 we landed....(see the cut & paste info below.)

The Nominees for the Summer 2008 Strawberry One-Act Festival Are...

Nominees For Best Play

1. Jump
by Josh Sohn
2. Meatloaf in the Moonlight by David Gallic
3. Painting Tomatoes by Jais Brohinsky
4. The Seed by David Pumo

Nominees For Best Director

1. Cohen Ambrose
for Painting Tomatoes
2. Donna Jean Fogel for The Seed
3. David Gallic for Meatloaf in the Moonlight
4. Dan Rogers for Clap On, Clap Off
5.
Gwenevere Sisco
for The Threadbare Sex
6. Alec Strum for Say It's Raining

Nominees For Best Actor

1. Moe Bertran
(John) in The Seed
2. Kenya Capers (Chad James) in Clash & Learn: Str8 vs. Gay
3. Tom Coppola (Duke) in Darcy & Duke
4. Luke Harlan (Colin) in Blood Thinner
5. Ronald Kuriloff (Sol) in Painting Tomatoes
6. Danny Tenzer (Evan) in This Basement

Nominees For Best Actress

1. Melody Faith Federer
(Jodie) in Gate 48B
2. Margie Ferris (Darcy) in Darcy & Duke
3. Zoee Garza (Jasmine) in Meatloaf in the Moonlight
4. Jennifer Lucas (Ellen) in You Stole My Script
5. Sarah Mindlin (Amy Everett) in At The Everett's
6. Emma Tattenbaum-Fine
(Ella) in Painting Tomatoes

The interviews with the nominees will be on Thursday, August 7th from 6pm - 8pm at the Riant Studios. To set up an interview call 646-623-3488.

The Awards Ceremony and Performance will be at the Leonard Nimoy Thalia Theatre at Symphony Space, 2537 Broadway at 95th on Saturday, August 9th at 8pm. Tickets are $35.00 Dress Code: Evening Wear. For tickets go to www.therianttheatre.com or call 646-623-3488. Or at the box office at Symphony Space.


On that very same Saturday a friend of mine that I met in NE but lives in Cali now (She just got done working as a stand-in on the new Sam Raimi movie, "Drag Me to Hell" - how freakin' cool is that?!) is going to be in the city (1 day only) so in between Tech and Performance I will be running around w/ her, her hubby and other friends.

But wait! That's not all....

I've decided to use up more valuable blogging time (wink) by agreeing to direct a new, full length comedy play. Yep, that's right. What am I thinking?! No, really....I think I'll feel much better about taking it on once the script is officially edited for time, we've got the cast finalized (auditions tonight!) and I can fully focus on directing rather than splitting my thoughts w/ the Strawberry One Act. At least I hope that's the case...I'm sure the writer does, too! It's up & running the 2nd to last weekend in September.

Which brings me to writing...

Besides being behind in blogging, I've REALLY gotten behind in playwriting. I've been submitting old stuff, since I've only written 1 new thing since I moved here. ONE!!! And it was a one act that I had to write in around 6 hours for a 24 hr play fest! Sigh. People keep asking and I keep thinking...I have ideas but nothing that just leaps out in big productive gobs on the page. Plus I have yet to find the right set up conducive to writing. No desk @ my apartment and I can't write @ my desk @ work. I thought a Back Rest of sorts to put on my bed might be helpful to prop me up properly for long bouts of writing...but of course, I actually have to buy it in order to see if that helps or not. Should probably start budgeting for that...

Since I won't make it home for the NE State Fair this year (Yes, I'm breaking the streak - the fam attended every year for 28 years. Kinda sad but the fair ain't what it used to be, either.) However I still have an itch to get a State Fair fix so I looked up the NY State Fair (NJ State Fair is going on now so I know I won't make that) and would like to go but I looked up Amtrak fare and then wondered if it would actually be a savings if I did drive and then I thought...how necessary is this journey?! Hmmm...I do miss roadtrippin' though. Well, I've got a week or so to ponder...

And that is the general sum of things right now.

1 comment:

Little Yellow Girl said...

I'm sorry it's taking me so long to catch up on your blog. But I must say that I agree. You must write more!!! I would love to see more stories and scripts come out of that head of yours!