Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Phlock of Phelps Phans

Today as I approached the block where The Early Show is filmed I saw an even bigger crowd than usual. Hmmm...who could be drawing such a crowd?!

I stopped and stepped in closer for a look see. And guess who I saw?! Michael Phelps!

So then I had to dig out my camera and wait for heads to get out of the way...click! Dang. He coughed. (He was coughing quite a bit actually.) Trying again...got him!

I continued on to work and later saw a segment about him on CNBC. This was his first day back in the States! He told the reporter that it was strange times (the instant celebrity and flocks of fans) but he was having fun & enjoying it.

Phelps must be battling a cold as he even coughed during the interview.

Later they said that he will be hosting SNL in September and I found out that he had appeared on all 3 morning shows in 1 morning! I actually wondered how CBS scored a Phelps appearance over the others but I guess he shared his time equally. ;)

No comments: