Thursday, November 22, 2007

T-day

This T-day was the first one I spent away from my fam. Thankfully I had some friends who also stayed in the city so we had our own T-day dinner. Because I was used to having certain sides available for T-day I volunteered to make most of them - just to make sure we had them! :)

Here's what was on the list (the links will take you to the recipes) -

Cornbread Casserole, Low Fat Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Pretzel Salad, Greenbean Casserole, Marshmallow Topped Sweet Potatoes and Chex Mix.

Our dinner was @ 4pm so I started carting things over at 3:30ish (thankfully my friend who was hosting the event was only a block away). The only snag was that the turkey ended up have a couple hours to go before it was ready! Oops.

But when all was said and done it was a very tasty T-day dinner - complete with squishy buns! :)

Once our bellies were full we attempted to burn those calories by playing various games on my friend's Wii. Then, after packing up various leftovers I headed to the restaurant my roommate was working a double at - NYC is a lot more busslin' on T-day than I expected, Macy's Parade aside I was surprised how many businesses were open.

No comments: