Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gaining More NY Acting Experience

So another show (Funeral! An Interactive Murder Mystery) begins and ends in a weekend - these short runs take a bit to get used to! Due to the strike we thought we'd benefit from the tourists looking for something to do, but instead the crowds just found other places to go and so Times Square was not as full of people as it normally is. Our crowds built thru the 3 day run and our last night was fuller than we had expected it to be - so that was nice!

Got called back for some one-act shows that will be performed in Long Island City. Was called in to read 4 different times and actually ended up being cast in it! I will be playing a character called "Maybe" who may or may not be an imaginary client of a down on his luck detective.

Have a friend who is one of the directors for the one-act show and he said that at the end of the first audition they held up everyone's headshots to get a "yes" or "no" on callbacks and when they held up mine I guess some directors asked if they'd seen me. Oh. Not good. Apparently I didn't look enough like my head shot that day. Thankfully my friend reminded them. But it did worry me. Am looking into a getting a different head shot that hopefully looks more "me".

No comments: