Thursday, November 1, 2007

Already?!

A DAY after Halloween, I walk off the subway to see Holiday decorations are already strung up in the streets of Astoria. What the &@%$?!

Hey folks! Remember Thanksgiving? You know...that holiday that MACY'S has a parade for? Oh yeah....I forgot, that parade is only held so Santa can be brought out at the end. I feel sorry for good ol' T-day. PC or not I deem it the Red-Headed Stepchild of Holidays. Always the bridesmaid never the bride that T-day. Oh sure, you can use the day to gorge yourself on tasty treats and then take a nap in front of the tv while watching football but you better not party late on T-day or else you might miss out on all the early morning sales the day after! T-day must feel so used.

And don't even get me started on the fact that they had HALLOWEEN candy in the stores as early as August! Really?! Kids have a hard enough time with the whole "time" concept and patience in the first place and you're really going to start in on Halloween before school even starts? "Mom is it time for me to dress up like Bob the Builder yet?!" No dear, that's still a few months away. "How about NOW?!" No, dear. "Now?!" No...but here's some Halloween candy anyway.

I digress on my holiday rant. I need some pumpkin pie.... ;)

No comments: