Saturday, June 7, 2008

Very 5th Ave

Since Summer is well on its way and my feet are being exposed more often, I decided I needed to make them look pretty.

So I conferred w/ a co-worker about a good place to go to get a pedi over lunch and as I was headed there I was stopped by a person outside of Redken. They were having a cut-a-thon fund raising event where for $20 you can get a professional haircut and a bag of Redken goodies. I told the person that I was on my hour lunch and asked if it was possible to get that done in an hour - of course she said yes. Since I'd been wanting to get my haircut too, I decided to change my plans.

An hour and 20 minutes later I got thru the line and my hair was finished. (I was told a lot of women w/ long hair were deciding to chop it off today.) The hair stylist gave me a card to get a goody bag for straight & shiny hair but when I went up there they were all out so I had to settle for curly hair products instead. :( They were full size bottles but still, I did feel a bit jipped since I had already been screwed over in the time department. Fortunately, the co-worker covering me was the one that told me about the pedi so she was understanding and when she saw I got my hair done instead, she said I looked very "5th Ave". I smirked, knowing that I probably won't be able to recreate this look again...but the new length I'll have fun w/! ;)

After work I met up w/ some friends @ Mojo Coffee and we went to another reading presented by Naked Angels @ The New School. This reading had no reservations left (our hunch was that it had more to do w/ the celebs that were participating than interest in the play) but we decided to try our luck and got in as part of SRO. Matthew Broderick, Kristen Johnston (who is scary skinny) and Kieran Culkin were some of the performers there but due to standing in a minimally air-conditioned theatre and not really being captured by the play itself I decided to step out so I could sit down and cool off. One of my friends stepped out w/ me and after conferring w/ the third friend @ intermission, 2 of us decided to get a bite to eat while the other finished the show. We settled in @ the Bus Stop Cafe and once our third friend joined us we headed over to another friend's rooftop party for her birthday! (Ya following all this?!) The rooftop was in Chelsea and had great views but unfortunately I couldn't get my camera to take a decent pic of them. :( Soon enough it was time to call it a night.

I'm getting the pedi tomorrow... ;)

No comments: