Sunday, June 15, 2008

Inside Spragg's Shorts Opens

Today was one of those days that you think had more than 24 hours squeezed in.

Since I knew we had an early tech today, I made cookies (sans chocolate chips) last night to maybe give everyone an extra boost of energy. - I used Hot Cocoa Kisses and they didn't last long! :)

The one-act I'm in takes place on Thanksgiving (It's titled "Wombsgiving" and I play Rena, the sister-in-law that finds out her lesbian sister-in-law is expecting while she can't seem to get preggers herself) , thus the need to have a non-summer costume. This of course doesn't balance well w/ the theater warmed by summer temps. Ugh. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? And hope you don't look too sweaty and gross doing it! ;)

We had a quick break and then it was time to set up for the actual show. A friend from NE happened to be in town for a visit and got to see me (the first show she's seen me in in NYC) and my friend from Boston was there, too.

Afterwards, my NE friend and I grabbed lunch at Cowgirl. Yum! And while we ate it began to just pour w/ the added bonus of crackling thunder and lightening. We attempted to take our time at the restaurant and wait for the rain to calm down but once it was clear we were done eating we were asked to leave so other patrons could sit - so we did. We scurried to a bodega to get my friend an umbrella and then hid out in a Starbucks until someone else my friend knew in NYC picked her up.

I continued to hang out @ Starbucks (totaled up, I was there for a few hours) and my friend from Boston joined me again. By then the weather had calmed down somewhat so we headed to Flannery's (located by a place called the Donut Pub) and had a Guinness. Although I'm told that Guinness is ALWAYS supposed to be served this way, this was the first time I saw my Guinness w/ a shamrock drawn in the foam. Very cool! My friend knew the bartender and when he found out I was an actress he said that the first drink was free, adding - "You gotta help the starving actor!" Niiice! :)

No comments: