Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Playing Francine/Cheap Night on the Town

Found out today that I got cast in a one-act (Jump!) that will be @ the Strawberry One-Act Festival!!!

I'll be playing Francine - (she's described as being in her 40s?!) a pusher of her faith.

Will share more details once I get them! :)

In other tidbit type news...

A co-worker who normally scoots out early due to her long commute was actually in town this evening due to a conference she's attending so we decided to check out Morton's Bar Bites. (The only time I could reasonably afford Morton's.) Their appetizers were $6 a plate, so we got a few and put together a fairly decent meal for the price. I highly recommend trying it after work sometime! :)

Afterward we headed to a newly opened Red Mango where we got a free froyo serving w/ 1 topping (having tried Red Mango, I think I might prefer Pinkberry) and then took advantage of a bogo bottled beer special @ Duke's. I hadn't been to Duke's before and if I'm near there again I'd like to go back and get more than a drink! It has a very eclectic, time warpy atmosphere.

It was a good evening and I had money leftover, so that made it an even better evening! ;) Proof that you can go out in NYC and not break the bank...

No comments: