Thursday, October 4, 2007

Okay

Went to another book signing today. Today it was for the paperback release of Bob Newhart's book.

I decided to get an autographed copy for my gpa.

The line moved much quicker this time (only a half hour to get thru!) as he wasn't posing for pics (pics could be taken at a distance though). I cracked open the book while I was in line and it is a MUST read! Hi-larious!

I overheard a lady ahead of me tell Bob how she was getting a book signed for a friend who had been a fan of his since the 60s. Another book she was getting signed for herself and said she was a fan since the 70s. Adding that she loved the Newhart series finale. Bob said that was his wife's idea.

The guy ahead of me got several books signed. One for his nephew - telling Bob that his nephew was interested in theatre so he thought that his nephew would like the book. Oh really? Bob said.

Before leaving the table the guy told Bob that he had enjoyed what he read of the book so far as they began to wave me over. I chimed in and agreed, saying it was very enjoyable and a quick read! Bob said - Okay. I was a little taken back by how old Bob looks in person. I mean, I know he is older but compared to his book cover - well in person he apparently couldn't be airbrushed. ;) I worried about Bob and couldn't think of anything to say except - I'm getting this for my grandpa (explaining why he was signing it "To Bill"). Bob said - Okay. Then I thought, greaaaate now he probably thinks this young thing doesn't know beans about him - I figured saying I'd been a fan since the 80s probably wouldn't have been impressive either...But I was stumped for a sentence to say otherwise. Ugh.

I got the book, said thanks, retrieved my camera and that was that.

Afterwards I thought - Ahhh! I should have at least mentioned how I enjoyed Elf! That would have been something somewhat different to say compared to the other convos I'd heard. Oh well.

Take Care, Bob. And to everyone else - go read his book! :)

No comments: