Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Eric Bana abbreviated

The Tribeca Film Festival is in full swing and the Apple Store in SoHo has been hosting special events in conjunction w/ the festival...for free. :)

I saw that Eric Bana was going to be there to promote his new doc - Love the Beast and I thought that just might be worth checking out!

So a friend and I met up there after work and discovered that despite some seating it was full and now SRO. I found a spot to the side (later discovered it was in direct view of Mr. Bana and swear he was looking @ me sometimes...although there was a well-cleavaged woman wearing sunglasses that was standing beside me...perhaps he was looking @ her instead?! teehee.)

Fortunately, the wait time for the program to begin wasn't too bad. Bana came out and the girls behind us immediately started commenting on how small he is in real life and how he looks better in the "Love the Beast" movie poster than he does in person. Then there was an overzealous perfume wearer standing next to my friend. I started to feel hot but tried to keep my focus on the interview and watching clips from the movie - which looks really good btw.

Bana talked about how he used to race his car w/out movie producers knowing his passion for cars (as they tend to tweak out when their actors put themselves @ risk). He said that of course this movie will put the end to that secret.

I was starting to feel worse. Do I walk out or pass out in front of Eric Bana? Hmmm... I opted for the "walk out" and my friend followed. I quickly discovered there really is no place to sit @ the Apple Store beyond the steps so that's where I sat as the guard looked on. After a few minutes I did start to feel better but rather than have a repeat, we decided to move on to dinner @ Silver Spurs. Once again, it was a new place (to me) to dine - I ordered the "Ana Madama" and a Milkshake to maybe cure what ailed me. ;)

After a bit of detective work my near pass-out may have been the result of donating blood the day before. (I donated @ The Rock and was asked if I was an NBC employee.) Next time I will know to time it better as I also ended up feeling like crap for an audition the night of when I donated....however, I DID get a callback! Go figure.

No comments: