Sunday, April 26, 2009

Burden Me 3

A one act, "Burden Me", that I was in for the first time over a year ago seems to have legs as the playwright keeps getting it accepted to area theaters/festivals. 2 of the 3 original cast members were in the "revival" at the Winter Strawberry One-Act Festival (the playwright stepped in as an actor) but this time I was the lone original. Although I had the lines, our handful of rehearsals pre-performance proved I couldn't be on autopilot (which was a good thing) as different actors meant different reactions. In that respect it made an "old" show new again, which was kind of fun and gave me a chance to do different things w/ the character I hadn't done before!

This time we performed for Awakening Drama in the West Village. And I think it was the best audience we've had as far as audible reactions - you could tell they were catching all the subtleties.

Afterwards, the playwright's wife (and our director) took our cast pic on Minetta Lane. And that was the day. It always amazes me how much work can go into a production and how just like that, it's over. But I guess that's life - weddings, babies, vacations, etc. Lots of prep and waiting and then - there it is and gone. Don't Blink!

No comments: