Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hooters

I'm a firm believer that everyone should celebrate their birthday rather than let it go by like it's a regular day. It's the one day of the year that you can claim as your own so why not do so? I know age is often an excuse but I figure why not celebrate that you ARE a year older rather than be unhappy about it? It's another year you "survived", learned from and build from as you start to knock down another year....

Anyway... w/ all that in mind, I emailed a friend to see what he was doing for his b-day. He had nothing special planned so I suggested dinner somewhere- his choice. And his choice was....HOOTERS! Yep. I verified that he wasn't joking-he wasn't. And since I suggested dinner it wasn't like I could back out so... Hooters it was.

W/ only a few days notice, we managed to get a decent sized group together and for the first time I experienced Hooters. (Prior to the visit the only knowledge I had mostly came from "Big Daddy" and being aware that they used to have a trivia night at the now defunct location in Lincoln that an old boss and my parents used to go to.)

It was pretty much what I expected. You pay for the "ambiance" - not the food. (A combo platter of wings & dom perignon, anyone?!)

We debated about whether our waitress, "Olga" had a fake name or not as she was rather unresponsive when her name was said in an attempt to get her attention. (I wonder what the average length of time working at Hooters is for a Hooters girl before she's over the short shorts, spanx and cinched Hooters tops?)

Would I go again? For another friend's birthday-yes. Just 'cause-no. But at least now I can say I've been, right?! Right.

No comments: