Tuesday, March 17, 2009

39 Steps


I've been wanting to see "39 Steps" for a long time, but I kept putting it off because I felt like I needed to see the movie first. So I missed my chance to see the actor who originated the lead role, then I missed my chance to see Sam Robards in the role and finally due to another friend's interest I decided to forget thinking I was going to see the movie first and just go. So we did and I'd only wished I'd gone sooner!

What a great night of entertainment! It's clever, smart, fast paced and full of talent by the small cast that plays multiple roles. (I can't imagine how many calories they must burn each night!)

Man #1 & Man #2 reminded me of Conway & Korman. At one point it looked like they were about to crack as one kept blowing the loose strand of wig hair up to bother the other one's face. It made me wonder if this was a bit that happened every night or just a random moment...

I still need to see the movie (which I see is on Hulu now) and when I do, I may just have to see the stage show again! If you can get a cheaper ticket it's definitely worth seeing - oh, and bonus...you can pose w/ Hitchcock's silhouette in the lobby! :)

No comments: