Sunday, September 21, 2008

AotA Opening Weekend

So by the time "Adam of the Apes" was ready to open I had managed to get sick (sinus/cough - general phlegmy loveliness) but preferred it be me than members of the cast (some had already been suffering w/ yucks during rehearsal). Still it totally left me wiped and on edge for the opening and there was still some tweaking to do as the actors got more comfy w/ their roles and running the show in its entirety. Sigh.

That all aside though this group of actors certainly work their tails off every night! Most of the characters are very physically demanding and keeping the energy and pacing up for 2hrs is no easy feat. I asked a lot of them but I wouldn't have if I didn't think they could do it - It's a talented group!

We were reviewed on Sunday and you can read it here.

2 more weeks to go! I'll only see it once next week but am excited to see how the cast continues to settle into their roles. And hopefully I will have shook this cold by then, too! ;)

1 comment:

Nicholas said...

Nice review. Congrats!
Though who starts a review with the word "Don't" freaky.