Tuesday, July 8, 2008

PAID!

I'm currently in rehearsals for a one-act that will be part of the Strawberry One-Act Festival and the writer stopped by yesterday.

He answered any questions we had about the characters and then he left early. When rehearsal was done, our director said that he had left something for us. She handed out envelopes w/ our names. "A small stipend." We talked about how there was a cover charge for the Kick Off Party of the Strawberry Festival and it was suggested that it was probably money to cover that. How nice!

I tucked the envelope away w/out opening it and managed to forget it until this morning when I was rearranging my purse. I opened the envelope and it was much more than I expected!

Then I realized that this is my FIRST PAID GIG IN NYC!!!!!! How exciting is that?!

Well, I think it's exciting...and another step in the right direction. Woot! :)

No comments: